Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day off magic...

You know when you wake up on your day off expecting rainy weather because that's what was forecasted for the day and then you pull back the curtains and see nothing but glorious sun? Nope? I'm in the same boat people! I honestly don't remember the last time I was blessed with unexpected sunshine on a day off until recently when it happened to me on Tuesday and boy did I take serious advantage of it...


First up, a day off outfit built around comfort, ease and the fact that I'd probably be eating a lot...




Excuse the iPhone photo, I didn't really feel like pulling out the SLR on my day off...


Striped shirt, Zara/army green top, Gap/ jeans, American Eagle Outfitters/


A little walk over the Granville street bridge from my south Granville apartment. I do the walk almost every day and I will never get sick of this view...






Then a leisurely lunch at my favourite downtown cafe (The Art Gallery Cafe) that was my own little secret (up until now) that included the California panini (chicken pesto amazingness), a glass of Sauv Blanc and dark chocolate mousse...



Then the discovery of this great sale happening at True Value Vintage on Robson right before the move to it's new Main street location...





And then I got even more excited when I found out about this Surrealist art exhibit at the art gallery starting May 28th and on till September 25th... A little Salvador Dali anyone????




On my way back home, I stopped into this community park and found the best spot to read some of my book...



I could have stayed in this little wicker chair all day...





But I opted to find a quick, delicious dinner instead and headed over to The Noodle Box on 4th ave where I get the same thing every time I go; The black bean and garlic box with a medium/ hot spiciness...






I sat down by Kits beach, pigged out on my delightful noodles and watched the sunset...


No comments:

Post a Comment