Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The not so bold statement...

When it comes to jewelry, the current trend revolves around making a bold and brave statement with one overwhelmingly large piece of jewelry being the center of attention. Normally I'm a devoted enthusiast and supporter of all jewelry that can make such a statement and stand out in a crowd. On a daily basis, you will undoubtedly catch me wearing either an armful of bangles up to my elbow, or sporting an enormous pair of earrings that leave my poor little ears throbbing at the end of the day, or perhaps both if I'm feeling extra bold!

But every now and then, I feel like making a more subtle statement, one that doesn't involve sore arms muscles and red ears... I just love slipping on a beautifully delicate and dainty piece of jewelry that makes me feel equally beautiful and dainty. I have acquired a lovely collection of jewelry like this, mostly pretty little necklaces coming from Urban Outfitters.
Here are my favorites:




Antique Camera Necklace $28 Urban Outfitters










Mail Envelope Necklace $24 Urban Outfitters







Message in a Bottle Necklace $24 Urban Outfitters
(the message reads; "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...")
(a quote from Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnet 43).




Perfume Bottle Necklace $20 Urban Outfitters





Antique Chair Necklace $17 Urban Outfitters



1 comment:

  1. Great Necklaces .. :P .. !!
    Sometimes simple gives u such elegance that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete