Saturday, May 14, 2011

The worst has happened...

Well it actually is the best thing that could possibly happen, but an Anthropologie opened up in Vancouver. But not just anywhere in Vancouver, about 20 steps away from my apartment, which for most women sounds like an amazing occurrence, but for someone like myself who has a SERIOUS shopping addiction and physically can not say no to chunky jewelry and bohemian tops, this is a terrible, terrible thing. So I really tried to forget all about the opening date and pretend nothing exciting was happening in the near future until I realized that every time I go anywhere and I mean anywhere, the bank, the dry cleaners, the grocery store, the drug store, even to the bus stop, I am forced to walk by Anthropolgie. I may have to move.


So it's opening day today and where do I find myself, waiting outside for the store to open! And yes, I did find a million things I wanted and yes the store looked gorgeous and it made me want to re do my whole apartment with lovely ceramics and beautiful linens just as I predicted but the horrendous lineups for fitting rooms and the till almost made me nauseous and I left empty handed which for me is such a huge accomplishment I almost wanted to draw myself up an award. I will brag about this until tomorrow morning when I will be tempted and tortured yet again as I go get my morning coffee and there will be nothing to brag about, just a few shopping bags instead of gold star awards.












Ugly line up.







I'm seriously moving.


2912 Granville street

2 comments:

  1. Oof I can't imagine living so close to such temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. Can not wait to shop there in June

    ReplyDelete