Friday, September 4, 2009

A Leather Lover...

If my apartment was on fire and I only had enough time to save one precious thing from my closet, it would be without a doubt, my bomber style leather jacket that I've had for longer than I'd like to admit. I purchased it in Florence at an outdoor Italian leather market. Imagine rows and rows of splendidly soft, gloriously well crafted Italian leather jackets at incredibly low bargained prices... I was in heaven.
Living in Vancouver, I've gotten so much use out of this jacket over the years, where it's mild enough in the winter and cool enough in the summer to wear all year long. I will admit though, with holes in the lining, a faded, distressed shell and an odd wet dog smell to it, it may have seen it's last day. As hard as it will be, I may need tuck my leather lover away and find an even more fabulous replacement to use and abuse for the next decade.
























No comments:

Post a Comment