Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My New York Love Affair... Part 1



Thomas Wolfe



New York City. The Big Apple. The City that Never Sleeps. Whatever you choose to call it... I've gone with; The Most Unbelievable, Glorious and Fu**ing Amazing City...Ever. The lovely people, the fantastic sounds, the buzzing excitement, the magnificent buildings, the non stop nightlife... oh and the FASHION!! I did everything I ever imagined myself doing in NYC; I ate french fries at Pastis, I strolled through the golden leafy paradise of central park in autumn, I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, I saw a romantic Broadway play, I shopped in Soho ( I actually did this numerous times), I secured the best spot and had my lunch on the steps of the MET (Blair would be so proud), I saw pieces of art that took my breath away, I danced the night away to the best hip hop dj's I have ever heard, I hummed the 30 Rock theme song outside of 30 Rock, I pretended to be ridiculously rich in Bergdorfs, I had some wondrous street meat and I got felt up by a stranger on the subway (kidding...) All I can say is that I fell in love with this city and as soon as I pay off the CC's, I'll be on the first (direct) flight back to rack them all up again!


So you ask, what did I spend all my money on???







Well here's a little taste of my many purchases...

I bought this fabulous leather bag in Soho from a store appropriately called Bag.

But in this colour below...






They carried so many unbelievable styles I was seriously torn between the one I purchased and these other beautiful ones...

And they offered every style in any of these gorgeous colours...



I went a little crazy at Top Shop (I almost spent the whole day there...) buying two clutches, three silk tops that almost look identical, two over-sized cardigans, two dresses and a handful of jewelry. Justification; I had to take advantage because they don't ship to Canada!

This is one of the silk vest tops in a shade I've chosen to call camel...






I know, doesn't look that exciting, but the material feels so nice on my skin and under the arms they've done beautiful inserts of lace. Small details like this make me very happy...







I bought about a million silk scarves on Canal street in the brightest shades I could find like this one below that I've been wearing constantly...





I had an even more risque love affair with these stores...

Intermix
With brands like Mara Hoffman, Jay Godfrey, Elizabeth and James and Chloe, what's not to love!
Olive & Bette's
Cute boutique store carrying Splendid, Free People, James Perse and Ella Moss.

Bergdorf Goodman
I wanted it all; The Zac Posen and Marchesa dresses, the Lanvin purses, The Christian Louboutin booties! I was in heaven... and now poor!


No comments:

Post a Comment