Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm cursing shipping and duty fees...

After my Seattle trip, there is one store in particular that I would literally give my right arm for to have in Vancouver and that fabulous store is Anthropologie. It's funny because the clothes don't exactly do it for me but the home decor items, jewellery, books, bags and shoes get me ridiculously excited. I spent a solid two hours in there and bought the most random items (a peacock plate, an antique looking soap dish, a turquoise glass cup, perfume, ceramic drawer knobs and a candle holder) because I was thoroughly overwhelmed and felt rushed but calmed myself by remembering I could order online when I got home to buy all the things my bf wouldn't let me buy...

So here I am, back home, my online shopping bag filled with a pair of shoes, a bag, a couple cool books and a few other amazing things when I go to checkout and realize that the duty and taxes double the price of my bill : (

Lessons of the story:

a) Don't shop with boys; they rush you and then you make uneducated and rash decisions about what to buy and you end up with drawer knobs...
b) Just buy everything. You won't regret it.
c) Peacock plates look cool in a store filled with boho items, not in my modern apartment...
d) If you are planning on going to an Anthropologie, pretty please, buy me these things...



Coalescing necklace, $58


Caladoc heels, $258





Food Fashion Friends: Recipes And Styling For Unforgettable Parties, $49.99



No comments:

Post a Comment